The Project: Strong focus for December is Gratitude.
How will developing an attitude of gratitude help you to become stronger?
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is to not to utter words, but to live by them.”
– John F. Kennedy
The Project: Strong Gratitude Challenge
1. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
How the challenge works:
1. Complete the three “Mind. Body. World.” challenges over the month of December. These are listed below.
2. “It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.” Keep a gratitude journal during the month of December. The journal can be written, or video format. In the journal, document everyday things around you for which you are grateful. Do this at least twice a week. Notice how placing your attention on the good around you influences your attitude.
3. Reflection. At the end of December, document (written or video) what you learned, and experienced through the Gratitude Challenge. Also reflect on how you will carry an Attitude of Gratitude into 2018!
4. Turn in the Reflection portion of the challenge (#3 above) by Monday, January 8, 2018. By completing the challenge you will become one of the first to earn a Project: Strong patch and officially be part of the Team. As a part of the Team you will have special opportunities throughout the year to participate in workshops, social events, special classes, and more!
Mind. Body. World. Challenges
Mind: Write a letter of gratitude to one person for whom you are grateful, and let them know why!
Body: Perform high quality push ups throughout December.
Kids complete 150 or more.
Adults complete 300 or more.
You may choose how you wish to break up the push ups over the course of the month.
World: Perform at least three random acts of kindness.